Thursday, January 15, 2009

crossing and ganga (ganges)

I was crossing the Ganges yesterday to go from one village to another. It was a public boat and cost a rupee for the fare. I was sitting on the edge of the boat and to my right a fresh water dolphin jumps out and disappears again under the muddy water. It is a real blessing to see one as they are becoming increasingly rare.
Nothing here is as it is in the west. It is a differant world alltogether. It took me a while to adjust again, and now I never want to leave. I am sitting in a little internet room and a oxen cart just went by on the road followed by a chevy van and a rikshaw. I can hear parrots, geese, venders, cows and someone pounding metal. I love the crazyness of it all. It feels more real then the west... like life here isn't steralized. It is real. Dealth is real, life is real, disease is real, dirt is real, saddness and happiness... everything feels more... like it is not under glass. You know, when you are at the zoo and you are looking at the animals? They are real, but they are like only a portion of what they are in real life... all of the western world feels like that.
Kiki's deep thoughts for the day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment